Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hoarder


Notice anything unusual about this diaper?
One might wonder why I would post a picture of our child in her diaper. However, if you look closely you will see this is no ordinary diaper. Oh no. For the older readers you may recognize the bulging plastic or the pictures of sleeping babies. If not, I hope you are sitting down when I tell you that this diaper is from... 1993. No, I did not stutter. It's true. This is vintage 1993 Pampers that Hattie is wearing. Now you may be asking yourself, "Why is Hattie wearing a 19 year old diaper?" Let me explain...

First off, never judge a first-time mom. That is a sin.

I'll admit it. I forgot to replenish the diaper supply in Hattie's diaper bag before going to visit Grandma and Grandpa Deinert one day (Note: this was before I gave G'ma Pat her own box of diapers to keep on hand.) You can image the look on my face when I went to reach for a diaper and... nothing. My first reaction was to get this child home before we had a really bad situation on our hands, litearlly.

But for all of you who are blessed to know Pat Deinert (I know I am!), she did not fail me. When idiot first-time-mother me said, "Oh crap, I don't have any diapers," of course Pat would say, "That's ok. I think I have some of Tim's old diapers."

Tim is 19 years old, people. Hence the title of this post...

Morale of the story? Never ever make fun of your mother-in-law for saving things. Because that is also a sin and will come back to bite you.

We love you, Grandma Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment